Training and Placement Officer
Department : Administration
Reporting To : Director Training and Placement, GJIMT
Job Purpose : To undertake Training & Placement initiatives for students & alumni by establishing and maintaining productive employer partnerships and collaborate and promote Career Planning services through presentations, student organization outreach.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aggressively contact and tie up with corporates to develop partnerships and placements.
- Help students identify employment options that match their career interests.
- Assist students in all aspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals. Schedule and follow up on student interviews with prospective employers.
- Participate in coordination and organization of job fairs such as the annual Career and Internship virtual job fair.
- Contact corporates to develop reciprocally beneficial partnerships for jobs, internships and job shadowing opportunities. Assist employers in advertising job opportunities through.
- Assist with maintaining employer database(s). Maintain student files as needed. Submit monthly report. Provide targeted career information and resources for specific majors and interest groups to students, alumni, faculty, and staff as needed.
- Attend seminars & other training opportunities for professional development.
- Other related duties as assigned
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred.
- 5-8 years work experience in job development and marketing required, as well as previous work experience building employer relations in a higher education setting.
- Well informed of market trends, employer needs and best practices in career services.
- Familiar with social media platforms and Active on LinkedIN Networking Site
- Computer proficiency required.
- Excellent presentation, networking and communication skills.
- Collaborative and team oriented working style
HOURS OF WORK
- 6 Days a week , 08:30 am – 05:30 pm
DURATION OF CONTRACT
- 1 Year Contract (On Probation)