Department : Department of Information Technology
Reporting To : HOD, IT Department
Job Purpose : To undertake activities of installing , configuring and updating Network Infrastructure, Infrastructure Maintenance including transfer / migration of servers / desktops, user account management, security policies / monitoring, hardware troubleshooting / repair, coordination with service providers) etc.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Install and Configure network devices in accordance with the setup and day to day operations.
- Troubleshoot network related issues and coordinate with users and other teams to rectify the issue.
- Design and provision network using best practices.
- Monitor network devices and network traffic through provided tools.
- Work with automation tools and scripting languages to automate day to day operation.
- Maintaining information like network inventory, IP allocation, cabling, network diagrams, project specific setup/configuration etc.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve software, hardware, and other network and system problems.
- Maintain and control computer networks and related computing environments together with structures sof t ware, programs sof t ware, hardware, and configurations.
- Perform hands-on installation and maintenance tasks on network components such as routers, switches and cables. Upgrades software whenever necessary.
- Remains up-to-date with new information technologies that might benefit their organization in the future.
KEY SKILLS & QUALIFICATION
- Graduate with at least 1 years of experience in handling Server farm (Windows / Linux Servers), Network Infrastructure (Switches, Routers, Cables, Racks, Security Appliance, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UD), Building Automation (Access Control, Surveillance CCTV, Fire, etc), Infrastructure Maintenance (transfer / migration of servers/desktops, user account management, security policies / monitoring, hardware troubleshooting/repair, coordination with ser vice providers) etc.
- Should independently be capable of handling the entire IT and allied infrastructure at institution, planning / design / procurement / deploying new initiatives.
- Should have good knowledge of network setup/administration (CISCO certified)
- Should be pro-active and self-driven.
- Should also be able to conduct / organise conferences, train new staff on IT skills (network, os, ms office, corporate documentation standards, erp systems training etc),
- Be a team player with different levels of staff and deliver requirements / results most professionally.
HOURS OF WORK
- 6 Days a week , 08:30 am – 05: 30 pm
DURATION OF CONTRACT
- 1 Year Contract (On Probation)