GJIMT is hosting its 18th National Conference on Navigating the New Normal: Rethinking Business in a Changing World to address the impact of Covid-19 on the world of work and deliberate on how to build a better future post-pandemic. We organize the national conference every year to make it an ideal platform for people to share their views and experiences in Business Management & Commerce, Finance & Economics, Social Sciences & Humanities and Technology related areas.
Why Rethink Business?
The Covid-19 Pandemic inflicted a devastating blow on the global economy. The economic and social breakdown threatens the long-term livelihoods and wellbeing of millions. No society or economy is unaffected leading to dramatic changes in how businesses act and consumers behave.
Lower and middle-income countries are the most affected with an estimated 23.3% drop in working hours – equivalent to 240 million jobs – in the second quarter. The economic backlash of the Covid-19 wiped out 81 million jobs in 2020. Moreover, workers in developing nations had also seen their income drop more than 15%. The situation in such countries is most vulnerable owing to the weakest social protection systems and least resources for working people to fall back upon. Women and young people were the worst hit with more women than men losing their jobs. To make it worse the “fiscal stimulus gap” between wealthy economies and the developing world amounts to a whopping $982 billion.
This gives an indication of a post-COVID world with greater inequalities between regions, countries, sectors and social groups which is contrary to the better world that could have been built had the pandemic not struck. An urgent need is felt across countries to protect the workers and economies and to build resilience for the future.
- Provide an ideal platform where practitioners, academicians, researchers and students can meet and deliberate upon the impacts of Covid-19 pandemic and the changing needs of the global businesses.
- Assess the impacts of COVID-19 on the economy, society, government, business, and households in India and all over the world.
- Weigh the aftereffects of the pandemic for digitalization in the region and the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Encourage thought-provoking discussions and develop insights for building resilient and sustainable economies.
The 18th GJ-NatConMite will focus on strategies to strengthen the national economy and build resilience, in order to face crises now and in the future by drawing on lessons learned and experiences amid the Covid-19 uncertainty.
Who can attend
• Students/ Researchers/Ph.D Scholars
• Corporate Representatives/NGOs
• Government officials/Policy makers
Photos from Past Conferences