DIGITAL MARKETING…. Search Engine Optimization
Digital marketing is the act of promoting and selling products and services by leveraging online marketing tactics such as social media marketing, search marketing, and email marketing. But in many ways, digital marketing is no different than traditional marketing. In both, smart organizations seek to develop mutually beneficial relationships with prospects, leads, and customers.
Marketing is not about promotion or advertising only. Marketing is a complex topic or a concept which is used to make a comprehensive plan of action or a strategy to increase sell, create awareness about brands and products etc.
In very simple terms Marketing means communicating the RIGHT message, to the RIGHT people using RIGHT medium.
Marketing plays a major role in creating awareness about a business, increasing customer base, growing sales and building brand. Marketing is one of the most important parts of any business and without effective marketing, growing business becomes almost impossible.
Effective marketing requires careful planning, creative approaches, and smart execution.
Digital marketing is all about promoting a business using digital channels like Internet, website, blogs, social media platforms, video marketing, mobile marketing, email marketing.
Search engine optimization is one of the most important parts of Digital Marketing. SEO is about getting organic traffic on website from search engines. In digital marketing space, SEO is considered as one of the most effective channels for getting visibility, traffic on website without spending too much.
Digital marketing is the component of marketing that utilizes internet and online based digital technologies such as desktop computers, mobile phones and other digital media and platforms to promote products and services.
The use of digital marketing in the digital era not only allows for brands to market their products and services, but also allows for online customer support through 24/7 services to make customers feel supported and valued. The use of social media interaction allows brands to receive both positive and negative feedback from their customers as well as determining what media platforms work well for them. As such, digital marketing has become an increased advantage for brands and businesses.
Digital marketing today is about many more types of audience interaction than website or email. The 5Ds define the opportunities for consumers to interact with brands and for businesses to reach and learn from their audiences in different ways:-
- Digital devices – audiences experience brands as they interact with business websites and mobile apps typically through a combination of connected devices including smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, TVs and gaming devices.
- Digital platforms – most interactions on these devices are through a browser or apps from the major platforms or services, that’s Facebook (Instagram) , Google (YouTube) , Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Digital media – different paid, owned and earned communications channels for reaching and engaging audiences including advertising , email and messaging, search engines and social networks.
- Digital data – the insight businesses collect about their audience profiles and their interactions with businesses, which now needs to be protected by law in most countries.
- Digital technology – the marketing technology or martech stack that businesses use to create interactive experiences from websites and mobile apps to in-store kiosks and email campaigns.
So, digital marketing is about utilizing digital technology to achieve marketing objectives. There is no essential need for digital marketing to always be separate from the marketing department as a whole, as the objectives of both are the same.